What Does It Apply To?
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
CHETA is a chemical marketplace serving both buyers and sellers.
Our website enables you to search for products, send RFQ's, and buy products on line.
- Search for products: You can browse our site, and search for products without having to give any personal information about you.
- Send RFQ: You don't have to be a fully registered user in order to send a RFQ, but you are required to give personal information about yourself, so we can contact you when we find matching offers for you.
- Buy Products: In order to buy a product on cheta.biz, you have to be a registered user, which means we may save your personal information, and may pass relevant information to a supplier, in order to complete a transaction.
- Selling Products: In order to publish products on our catalog, sellers are required to register and give CHETA their seller information. Information which is required to complete a transaction will be passed to the requesting client upon transaction approval.
Once you register to our website, or send a RFQ we may collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, phone number, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as bidding, buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
- RFQ's, chats, correspondence through our sites (buyers and sellers), and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with our site and advertising, including device ID, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list);information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to Cheta, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
Do We Share Personal Information About Our Users?
We at CHETA.biz are in the business of trading products, and not trading personal information. Hence, we don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you don't wish to receive marketing communications, or mail notifications from us, you can simply change your preferences in My Account page.
How Do We Use The Information?
Our aim in collecting personal information is to provide you with a smooth, safe, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide the customer support and other services and you request;
- prevent, detect, and investigate potentially illegal or prohibited activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- improve, measure and customize our services, content and advertising;
- tell you about our services and those of our corporate family, service updates, deliver targeted marketing, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- send autodialed and prerecorded messages regarding transactions and fee collections to the telephone numbers (including wireless and cellular) you have provided us;
- and other uses as described when we collect the information.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to enforce our policies, respond to legal requirements, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's safety, rights or property. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other CHETA user to legal liability. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as bill collection, fraud investigations, affiliate and rewards programs and co-branded credit cards).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Information You Share on CHETA
Your User ID is the only way to authenticate you throughout CHETA (and so available to the public), and is connected to all of your CHETA activity. Purchases you made on cheta.biz are private only to you, but can be used by us in needs of displaying statistics and promotions on our site detaching you from the purchase. Other people can see your bids,, items for sale, storefronts, Feedback, ratings and associated public comments. Notices sent to other community members about suspicious activity and policy violations on our sites refer to User IDs and specific items. So if you associate your name with your User ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your CHETA activities. If you access our sites from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, certain information about you, such as your User ID, activity or reminders from CHETA , may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.Using Information from CHETA
CHETA enables you to share personal and financial information to complete transactions and collect payments. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users' contact, shipping and financial information to facilitate your transactions and collect payments. When users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other's name, User ID, email address and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use user information only for:
- CHETA transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
- using services offered through CHETA (such as shipping, and fraud complaints), or
- other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to help us analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety..
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services.
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the sites that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
You are not licensed to add other CHETA users, including a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement. We may filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content.
How To Protect Your Account?
The password you choose upon registration is your only mean of authentication. We recommend you use unique numbers, letters and special characters, so your password will not be cracked by a malicious third party. We also recommend you not to share your password with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify CHETA and change your password.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
In My Account, you can view and change most of your personal informationYou must update your personal information as soon as possible if it changes or is inaccurate. Notice that once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it.
If you wish to close your account, you can do so by sending us a request and we will close it and remove you personal information as soon as reasonably possible. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our User Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
We take it very seriously to protect your information that is stored in our servers, and we use a variety of tools to do so (encryption, passwords, etc.). However, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, we cannot promise that your personal information or private communications will always remain private, but we can promise to work hard to protect it.